This is not just a job opportunity, this is an opportunity to transform lives!
The Ministry Coordinator will assist the Partner Relations Director- East Asia with the oversight of field operations within the East Asia region. The Ministry Coordinator will help implement and then coordinate field operations to maximize the impact of Bible League International as it serves the under-resourced church in East Asia. This position will be based in Hong Kong.
- Assist the Director for East Asia with the oversight of the field operations within East Asia.
- Provide assistance, encouragement, guidance, and moral support to APACD partners in East Asia.
- Assist in the training of partners in the effective use of Bible League International (BLI) products and programs.
- Assist the Partner Relations Director- East Asia in the review of field operation methods and processes to maximize the efficient use of divisional resources.
- or BLI products and programs, provide logistical, implementation, and on-going support to partners.
- Ensure that field operations and operational partnerships are consistent with APACD’s policies, objectives, and reporting standards.
- Assist the Director for East Asia with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual ministry reports for East Asia.
- Liaise closely with APACD’s Communication’s Specialist and assist in the gathering of suitable communications and fundraising materials. To this end, ensure that all partners provide regular reports on the impact of their ministry.
- Assist the Executive Director APACD with the oversight of the East Asia region at times when the Director for East Asia is on leave or unavailable.
- Assist other APACD team members as required.
- Perform other responsibilities as may be requested by the Partner Relations Director- East Asia.
- Travel as necessary within East Asia to undertake the duties referred to above.
- Responsible to: Partner Relations Director- East Asia
- Collaborate with: Other members of the Asia Pacific Division Team while maintaining a strong, supportive, and fruitful relationship with the Hong Kong based team
- Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our Statement of Faith and conduct his/herself in a Christ like manner.
- Must be enthused by the BLI’s Statement of Faith, Mission, and Value Statements.
- Possess cross-cultural sensitivity and coordination experience, with the ability to motivate and encourage people to accomplish ministry objectives.
- Demonstrate a passionate commitment to serving indigenous churches with an appreciation for the people and culture.
- Should possess administrative skills and have experience with managing budgets and program timelines to achieve targeted efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Must be a confident and effective communicator, with highly developed written, verbal, and public speaking skills.
- Possess strong and effective verbal and written communication skills in English and for at least one other language spoken within East Asia.
- Qualifications and/or experience consistent with the role.
- Be knowledgeable with an interest in and awareness of the present political, social, and economic situation in countries within East Asia.
- Should be a goal-oriented self-starter who is comfortable working at times without supervision, and who naturally takes a high degree of responsibility for the effective management of their time.
- Must be a permanent resident of Hong Kong.
- A willingness and availability to undertake regional and overseas travel as required.
Standards of Performance
- Comply with established organizational rules, policies, and procedures.
- Perform duties efficiently and responsibly.
- Utilize time for maximum effectiveness and productivity.
- Demonstrate a consistent attitude of cooperation and cultural sensitivity.
In day-to-day responsibilities, this position will carry out Bible League International’s core values which are:
- We believe this ministry belongs to God.
- We believe the world needs a relationship with Jesus Christ, God’s Word, more than anything.
- We believe integrity is the foundation of all our decisions and actions.
- We believe we are accountable to God and people to steward wisely the resources God entrusts to us.
- We believe that building strong relationships with our colleagues, ministry partners, donors, and vendors is essential to the fulfillment of our ministry commitments.
- We believe that all our employees should be valued and respected.
- We believe that all our employees should be encouraged in their faith-walk and professional growth and development.
- We believe that innovation and adaptability are essential for efficient and effective ministry.
A performance appraisal will be conducted after the initial 90 days and 6 months of a new position and annually thereafter by the Director for East Asia. A revision to a current position description does not necessarily require an additional performance appraisal.
Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional of our employees. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.