This is not just a job opportunity, this is an opportunity to transform lives!
Handle all front desk responsibilities efficiently and effectively. Represent Bible League International to all incoming guests, visitors, vendors, and delivery personnel, as well as Bible League board members, partners, and volunteers. Provide a secure premises by staying on patrol, monitoring surveillance equipment, checking on all building entry doors and building perimeter and verifying visitors. Maintain a general knowledge of Bible League International ministry including programs and materials available. Provide general office support for the Administration and Development Departments, as needed.
Bible League International serves the under-resourced Church with Bibles and training to transform lives worldwide through God’s Word! Our team is excited about God’s calling on our ministry and serves Him in His mission for the world, with commitment and joy. We hope you will consider His leading in using your God-given gifts and abilities to help fulfill the Great Commission in serving at Bible League International! For more information about Bible League International, visit https://stage.bibleleague.org/. Also take a moment and view our careers video to learn more about our culture through our staff at Bible League.
- Greet, welcome, and assist Bible League International guests and visitors. Be hospitable, friendly, and courteous, providing excellent customer service while also following appropriate safety and security measures. Be available to answer general questions from visitors regarding Bible League’s ministry. Contact appropriate Bible League staff members for appointments, deliveries, etc.
- Be available to answer general questions from visitors regarding Bible League’s ministry. Contact appropriate Bible League staff members for appointments, deliveries, etc.
- Manage the front desk responsibilities, maintaining all safety and security procedures and protocol. Serve as point of contact for staff to report any concerning or threatening behavior from visitors or building vendors.
- Be familiar with the building’s exit and entry systems, key Fobs, door and building intercoms, and camera systems and technology to properly leverage and provide added security. Partner with building response team members to ensure team is knowledgeable and prepared to handle incidents as they arise. Conduct drills with building response team twice/year.
- Partner with building response team members to ensure team is knowledgeable and prepared to handle incidents as they arise. Conduct drills with building response team twice/year.
- Ensure safety and security procedures are in place and well documented, including fire and tornado drills and emergency evacuation procedures. Implement all-staff drills throughout the year and communicate important updates and reminders to Crete and Barnabas staff, as appropriate.
- Occasionally throughout the workday, walk the interior and exterior perimeter ensuring the building and premises are safe.
- Partner with the Facilities team in assisting with incoming and outgoing mail, packages and deliveries for Bible League International Departments.
- Work effectively with Front desk receptionist at Barnabas Foundation and Bible League administrative support staff, ensuring schedules are coordinated effectively for lunch, breaks, meetings, etc. so that the front desk has coverage during normal business hours each day.
- Understand BLI’s Worker’s Compensation process and direct staff to the proper reporting process, as necessary. Assist in providing information to HR if witnessing an employee accident, either in-person or via building cameras.
- Maintain first aid kits throughout the building. Order products as needed. Keep AED machine up to date. Coordinate with HR on First Aid/CPR training for interested staff.
- Maintain office supplies for Bible League staff. Ensure office supply room is kept orderly and order supplies as they are depleted or upon request.
- Provide general office support to the Development and Administration teams, including coordinating tours of Bible League’s Crete office, assisting with donor or volunteer mailings, and providing assistance for other team members as needed.
- Respond to email inquiries, answering general questions that come into the Info email inbox and forwarding to the appropriate staff member, as needed.
- Become familiar with the Bible League’s online bookstore of products, assist individuals, and answer basic questions about products.
- Perform other duties as requested by the EVP of People and Culture.
Responsible to: EVP of People and Culture
Works collaboratively with: Receptionists at Crete and Hurst, Facilities Team, Senior Administrative Assistants, HR Team
- Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct his/herself in a Christ-like manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate degree or relevant certification is a plus.
- 2-4 years’ experience in building security, or similar role. Administrative support, customer service or receptionist experience a plus.
- Possess courteous and professional presence. Be personable, pleasant, and customer-service oriented.
- Acumen in working with local law enforcement, EMT’s and fire response in the event of an emergency or threat.
- Strong decision-making ability, with the ability to handle multiple tasks at once, and works effectively in high stress situations.
- Must be able to work with mobility and agility, and be able to lift package deliveries of up to 25 lbs.
- Needs to be accurate, efficient, organized and attentive to detail.
- Previous computer experience and skill, including working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Self-starter and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to handle confidential information with the highest degree of dependability.
- Ability to work well with others, demonstrate teamwork and be service-oriented.
- Should have the ability to manage numerous tasks simultaneously.
Standards of Performance
- Be at work regularly, during regular work hours, avoiding tardiness or excessive absenteeism.
- Perform duties with maximum efficiency and accuracy.
- Commitment to the ministry of Bible League International.
- Work cooperatively with other people.
- Operate telephone system efficiently.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good administrative, computer, and data entry skills.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
In day-to-day responsibilities, this position will carry out Bible League International’s core values which are:
- Prayer – Our relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Calling – God’s call into His work.
- Service – Serving God and others.
- Unity – Working together in unity.
- Integrity – In line with God’s Word in word and deed.
- Vision – A Christ-centered hope and perspective.
You will meet with your manager in alignment with our fiscal year to discuss accomplishments and priorities four times per fiscal year.
Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional of our employees. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League’s Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.